Imagine you’re spending a lazy Sunday afternoon at home just chilling, updating your blog with photos of the new bike you just bought, chatting on Facebook as you do so.
How to prevent tech sabotage? Three weeks after losing his job as a help-desk employee, David Ernest Everett Jr. launched an attack against his former employer, Wand Corporation, which designs and manages back-office and point-of-sale systems for fast-food franchises.
According to a recent Imperva survey of German IT security managers, insider threat is the biggest danger when it came to data loss within corporate networks (54 percent). Far fewer respondents took the chance to blame anyone at all (25 percent), and even less believed that hackers were primarily responsible for data theft incidents (21 percent).-->