There is a good new if you haven’t used the rar files for a long time since you created a storng password but forgot it.What should you do if you have lost your password?
Well,you can remove the password of compressed folder with RAR Password Recovery.This tools can help you to solve your problem right now.
The program user interface is straightforward, intuitive and easy to use. As the screenshot shown below, there is the Menu, Toolbar, File Name (click the “Open” button to browse in the RAR file). In the middle there is the attack mode selections and settings for each mode. Log Window is to show the process information while the program processing after you initiate the password cracking. And the Process Bar is an indicator showing the process data with Current Password and Current Speed through the cracking. Once you get familiar with the user interface, you will find it super easy to manipulate and make full use of its functions to crack the password.
Step1. Browse the Full Path of the RAR File in the Program.
Run the program. On the Menu Bar, go to “File“, click on “Open“, or click the “Open” button to browse the full path of the RAR file in the program.
In the Open File popup, select the file and click “Open“.
Step2. Select an Attack Type
In cryptography, password cracking is the process of recovering passwords from data that has been stored in or transmitted by a computer system. As to RAR Password Recovery specifically, that is to say the program will repeatedly test different guesses for the password until one succeeds. RAR Password Recovery provides three password attack modes to enhance its performance to crack the password. They are Brute-force attack, Brute-force with Mask attack, and Dictionary attack.
- Brute-force Attack: It means the program will do a full-scale search and try all possibilities randomly in order to get the guess matched with the password and recover it. However, this mode is not as efficient as the other two attacks when the password is long and complex. As the length of the password increases, so does the number of possible passwords, in this way the program will do a lot more times of guess tests, sometimes a dramatically more times than the other two attacks. Obviously, this method is unlikely to be practical unless the password is relatively small and simple.
- Brute-force with Mask Attack: What’s Mask? In the field of decryption, mask is a commonly used term refers to the password features you still remember. For example, the possible password length, any digits, letters, special characters like pond, dollar, or asterisk in the password; what is the fist and last characters of the password, etc. You can use this attack if you still remember part of your password. For example, if you still remember your password is 4 characters and begins with “z“, then you can define the mask as “z???“. Thus reduces the detecting scale for the program, as it will only seek for the last 3 characters instead of 4 characters of the whole. To use this attack, a password mask must be defined.
- Dictionary Attack: This attack is highly recommended as it offers a smarter access to the password recovery. If use properly, it is the fastest when compared with the above two attacks. This attack is intended to seek the possible password based on a dictionary. Then what’s a dictionary? Dictionary is a text file, which can be simply interpreted as a library listing the password elements. The program will just base on this dictionary to detect the password. This dictionary can be the integrated one or the one you provide. The integrated dictionary is a text file listing common character combinations, such as a, ab, 123, 4, AB, etc. that people may frequently use for passwords. You can also create a dictionary by listing your character sets that you frequently use to let the program base on when seeking passwords, such as your name, birthplace, birthday, etc. If so, the seeking scope will be largely reduced and it is bound to save time for the process.
On the “Recovery” Tab, select an attack type that suits you mostly:
- Select “Brute-force Attack (Trying All Possible Combinations)“, if with no password clue.
- Select “Brute-force with Mask Attack (If Some Password Symbols are known)“, if you still remember part of the password.
- Select “Dictionary Attack (Recommended)“, if the password is frequently used or you can provide a dictionary file.
1. If Brute-force Attack is selected, settings on “Brute-force” and “Dictionary” Tabs are disabled and there is no need to set them. Please refer to “Option settings” below to see the detailed information on the settings on the “Option” Tab.
2. If Brute-force with Mask Attack is selected, please do the following settings.
On the “Brute-force” tab, set the possible length for the password with “Min Length” and “Max Length“. Define the possible password character settings with “Character set“:
- a-z: refers to the 26 small letters, abcdefghigklmnopqrstuvwxyz. If there is small letter in the password, check it.
- 0-9: refers to the ten digits, 0123456789. If there is digit in the password, check the box.
- A-Z: refers to the 26 letters in upper case, ABCDEFGHIGKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ. If there is upper letter in the password, check it.
- -_!@#$%^&*: refers to special characters. If there is special character in the password, check it.
- Custom Character Set: this is to let you enter the symbols that the ranges above do not include.
- Check “Prefix” and if you still remember the first character of the password, please type it in the box immediately after.
- Check “Suffix” and if you still remember the last character of the password, please type it in the box immediately after.
Please refer to “Option settings” below to see the detailed information on the settings on the “Option” tab.
3. If Dictionary Attack is selected, please do the settings below.
On the “Dictionary” tab:
- The program provides a default dictionary. If want to use the default dictionary, then leave it as default. If you want to use your own dictionary, which is closer to the possible password, then create a text file, and list the possible characters and character sets included in the password in line, and then select the file as the dictionary for the program with “Select Dictionary File…“. Empty the default dictionary path. Please refer to “Option settings” below to see the detailed information on the settings on the “Option” tab.
- “Smart Mutation“: What is Smart Mutation? One situation is that you are sure of the characters in the password but do not know for example which letter is capitalized, where is the digit placed, etc. If you want more character combinations, please check “Smart Mutations“. Choose a number for “Mutation Count” according to the number of character sets, for example, you are sure of your password is composed with three parts of AB, ab, 123(here AB, ab, 123 is considered as a whole), then you choose 3 for “Mutation Count” in order to let the program mutate with these three sets, like ABab123, ab123AB, 123ABab, etc. Select a number in the “Max Password Length” for the possible maximum length of your password.
Step4. Option Settings
On the “Option” Tab, there is Program Priority and General Options:
Program Priority: Changing Program Priority allows you to control the allocation of processing resources on your computer. A multi-tasking operating system such as Windows, allows you to run multiple programs simultaneously, but most computers have only one central processor. This means the OS must divide the total amount of work, and the processor must perform between those programs. While each application has a priority that is automatically determined by the OS, the default allocation of resources among running tasks doesn’t always provide maximum system productivity. So you may set the program priority for a preferred system productivity.
- Idle: A computer processor is described as Idle when it is not being used by any program. If you choose Idle here, it means the processor will only perform RAR Password Recovery.
- High: While the computer processor is performing multiple programs simultaneously, if you set RAR Password Recovery as High, it indicates the processor will allocate more processing resources to it. This will definitely increase its performance. However, in this case, other programs on the system won’t receive an appropriate share of processing resource, which may reduce their performances.
- Auto-save (min): If it is enabled, while the program is processing, it will save the project every a period of time. If you set it as 15 minutes, then the program will automatically save the process every 15 minutes. Check “Enable Auto-save” to active it. Check “Shutdown the Computer after Cracking Finishes“, if you want the computer to be shutdown automatically after the program finishes the cracking
Step5. Get Result
Click “Start” in the Menu to initiate the attack. This may take some time according to the password length and complexity. The shorter and simpler the password is, the less time it will consume.
When the attack finishes, a window will pop up to you, telling the opening password in “File Opening Password“. Use the provided password to open the RAR file.
What is Next ...
Trust by Million Users - Recover password for Windows OS, RAR, ZIP, PDF, Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, SQL, etc.Buy Password Recovery Bundle $29.95 (90 days money back guarantee) Download Password Recovery Bundle